Under what circumstances would you use the Save command versus the Save As command? What would happen if you made changes to a file and wanted to save it under a new name and used the Save command?
2. Under what circumstances would you select an adjacent range of cells versus a non-adjacent range of cells? How do you go about selecting each type of range?
3. Under what circumstances would you enter each of the following: text, numbers, and values?
4. What is the difference between a transition and an animation? What are some situations where you would use each?
5. Review the “Internet” box on page 17. What are some situations where Broadcasting a presentation would be useful?
6. To create a presentation, you can a) start with a blank presentation, b) use slides from an existing presentation, c) use a template, and d) create a presentation from an existing theme. Come up with a detailed paragraph for each of the options a-d of when that option for creating a presentation would make the most sense.
7. Give an example of how you, as a student, would personally use each of these features: send and receive e-mail, schedule events and meetings, store contact information, create to-do lists, record information about interactions with contacts, create reminders, and subscribe to online content feeds.
8. Under what circumstances would you use each of these features: the Bcc (blind carbon copy) feature, the ability to set the importance of a message feature, and the ability to change the formatting of a message (font, size, and color) feature?
9. What are some of the challenges for using an electronic calendar such as Outlook Calendar and how can they be overcome?