Affordable Care Act Replacement Bill
Affordable Care Act Replacement Bill (Waivers denying health insurance coverage for some pre-existing conditions).
Representative Tom MacArthur Town Hall Meeting
Representative Tom MacArthur (R-NJ) held a town hall meeting in Willingboro, New Jersey. In the almost five-hour and sometimes heated meeting, many constituents asked questions about an amendment the congressman helped draft in the House-passed Republican Affordable Care Act replacement bill. The amendment would allow states to apply for waivers denying health insurance coverage for some pre-existing conditions, and permit states to opt out of providing pregnancy health benefits and mental health services.
Submit a 3-4 page summary paper on the public policy meeting. Include headings in your paper that address these components:
- The purpose of the meeting, key participants, key agenda items, and meeting logistics
- Background information and a description about the committee
- One specific topic that was discussed at the meeting and an explanation of the committee process
- An analysis of the key stakeholder positions related to the topic discussed
- Key interactions that occurred at the meeting
- Outcomes of the meeting including the specific topic focus
- APA format (6th ed.), proper grammar, and references as appropriate