Dispute Resolution 3 Answers
Writer this assignment is a Benchmark assignment and it need to be done exactly as the rubric state If no one can do it correctly please let me know?
Complete the benchmark assessment according to the instructions and criteria in “SPE-350 Special Education Litigation and Law Benchmark Assessment and Rubric.” All coursework will inform this assignment.
Additionally, submit the assignment in TaskStream. Directions for submitting to TaskStream can be found on the College of Education’s page in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
SPE-350 Special Education Litigation and LawBenchmark Assessment and Rubric
Targeted Essential Learning
Special education teachers must know legal liabilities and rights pertaining to student, parent, and teachers. Special education teachers recognize that special education practice is heavily regulated and are able to define relevant laws and policies that related to specific special education. (APTS 8, 9; INTASC 1; CEC 1, 9)
Assessment Tool Selected
- Articulate relevant educational laws and ethics pertaining to student, parent, and teacher rights and responsibilities. (APTS 8.13)
- Explain state and federal laws, rules, and regulations as they pertain to special education. (APTS 9.2)
- Identify legal responsibilities of teachers (special and general) in accordance with special education laws, rules, and regulations. (APTS 9.2)
- Define relevant laws and policies that relate to specific special education situations. (CEC 1.2)
- Analyze influential historical events and human issues in special education from various points of view. (CEC 1.3)
- Apply ethical/professional standards, follow legal parameters, and keep within limits of practice in the design and implementation of instruction, decision-making, and collaborative interactions with students, families, colleagues, and agencies. (CEC 9.1)
Relevancy of Task to Teacher Candidate
In the special education classroom setting, teachers must comply with laws and rights pertaining to the field of special education.
Assessment: Student Prompts/Teacher Directions
Discovering the Relationship Between the Law and Your School (Benchmark Assessment)
- Use the GCU eLibrary to research information beyond what is provided in the course materials to explore the law and its application to special education issues covered in this course. Explore state departments of education Web sites to investigate the laws of your state and other states as well as their application to special education issues covered in this course.
- Schedule an appointment with an attorney well-versed in school law or with a special education director to learn about the following issues:
- How has the legal system evolved, as it applies to special education, over the past 20 years, and how has that affected the legal framework for special education today?
- How does the legal framework differ for special needs students and regular students in private and public schools?
- Who monitors the implementation and evaluation of IEPs in private and public schools?
- In the legal expert’s opinion, are there any elements of special education law that need refinement? Explain.
- Write an essay of 1,750-2,000 words in which you compare and contrast the findings of your research and the information obtained in the interview.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
- Additionally, submit the assignment in TaskStream. Directions for submitting to TaskStream can be found on the College of Education’s page in the Student Success Center.