Investment Fund & Sec Analysis
1. How can systematic risk be measured? What about unsystematic risk?
2. Provide some real world examples of systematic and unsystematic risk
3. Explain the expected value, standard deviation, and correlation coefficient as they relate to an investment portfolio
4. Explain the relationship between a correlation coefficient and the portfolio standard deviation
Financial Statement Analysis
1. External analysts try to rate the future potential of companies. How is this an art, and how is it a science?
2. What key financial data do you think controllers review for a firm on a continuing basis and why?
3. Why is return on total invested capital after tax an important ratio to a controller?