Financial Statement Interpretation
Select three publicly traded companies. Choose one each from the following sectors: manufacturing, service, and retail. At least one of the three companies should be foreign. If possible, choose from among the team members’ places of business or similar industries.
Calculate the following:
· Current ratio
· Quick ratio
· Net profit margin
· Asset utilization
· Financial leverage
Analyze the Return on Equity (ROE) for the last 2 years using the DuPont method.
Develop a 2,100-word comparison of your three companies in which you include the following:
· Discuss the differences in the industries
· Discuss the different measurement conventions and how this affects presentations.
· Contrast IASB basis for accounting (IFRS) and FASB/GAAP accounting.
· Compare the three companies and their strategies for managing their working capital.
· Discuss the financial ratios and analyses and what they indicate about the companies and their financial forecast.
Incorporate the calculated ratios and analysis into the paper.
Include the financial statements for the 3 companies as an appendix to the paper.
Cite at least 3 scholarly sources.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.