Assignment 2: discussion question: culture shock
This week’s revolve notes and your textcompass emphasized the moment of intelligence multiculturalism in cogent interviewing. We frequently follow for granted our own assumptions, values, and ways of perceiving the earth until we assault crowd from another cultivation. Recall a occasion when you skilled “cultivation shock” by traveling to another part of the earth or by interacting delay someone from another cultivation and were surprised by some of your own assumptions. If you accept not interacted delay crowd from divergent cultivations, reflect about a compass or film in which you became assured of your own assumptions and discovered that they were not unlimited. If you are having perplexity, revolve renting the movies Slumdog Millionaire, The House of Sand and Fog, Mi Familia, or Double Happiness.
For this dismanner assignment:
- Identify and interpret an copy of “cultivation shock” either from your own habit or from a movie or compass.
- Explain how your identical assumptions were challenged.
- Discuss what you literary about your own beliefs and if your beliefs were progressive in any way.
- As misappropriate, call the online manner, the textbook, and other trustworthy, conversant sources to uphold the points you are making.
- Apply APA standards for letter and citations to your achievement.
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of judicious posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supported readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total:40