Topic 1: Addiction Worksheet
Part One Directions: Provide short answers of 200-350 words each for the following questions/statements. Include at least three scholarly resources beyond the course textbook in your response and listed as a reference at the bottom of the worksheet.
1. What are the pharmacological and physiological effects of substance use?
2. Select two substances from the following and describe at least two pharmacological and physiological effect of each (200-350 words each).
· Another DSM Substance Use Disorder of your choice
3. What is a process addiction? What is a substance use disorder? How are the two similar and how are they different? How would you establish a treatment relationship to work with a client with substance use disorder or process addiction?
4. Briefly explain the history of substance abuse treatment in the United States over the past 100 years. How did the early practices differ from what is being done today? Briefly describe the development of multidisciplinary teams in regards to the treatment of addictions.
Part Two Directions: It is widely understood that there is a biopsychosocial model of addiction. Within the biopsychosocial model, there are multiple psychological theories and biological theories. Select one psychological theory of addiction and one biological theory of addiction. Complete the table below by comparing and contrasting the selected biological and psychological theories of addiction.
Theory and Brief Description
[Insert psychological theory of addiction here]
[Insert biological theory of addiction here]
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more