Steps Necessary to Conduct Marketing Research Based On a Specific Marketing Research Problem
The final assignment is a paper that describes each of the steps necessary to conduct marketing research based on a specific marketing research problem. Choose a marketing research issue for the Paper from the cases at the beginning of each chapter in the text or choose your own marketing research issue (you must get instructor approval) and write a marketing research plan for that issue. Although the actual research does not need to be conducted, you need to describehow to carry out each step of a marketing research plan, as listed below, in relation to your marketing issue:
- The need for marketing research
- The marketing research problem
- Research objectives
- Research design
- Information types and sources (primary and secondary)
- Methods of accessing data
- Design data collection forms (or scripts)
- The sample plan and size
- Methods of collecting data
- Analyze data (if data is not collected, describe the methods that should be used to analyze it)
- How the report should be presented and to whom
Writing the Paper
- Must be 7 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library, in addition to the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.