THE FAMILYS ROLE ON EDUCATION
This paper is on the familys role on education I will upload the requirements where it says to add flies. You do not have to make a thesis statement or question I made one already. The thesis question is, Does the level of parental educational attainment play an essential role in the academic success of k-12 students? The thesis statement is,The level of parental educational attainment plays an essential role in the academic success of k-12 students.
Research Paper Plan of Work
Note: You will chose one reading from Fifty Essays to discuss in your Research Paper. The essay you choose should pertain to your topic. In addition, you will need to include three outside (academic) sources in your paper. Your Research paper must be at least four pages, typed in Times New Roman, 12 font, black ink, on white paper. You may write more than the minimum of four pages. Your paper should be double-spaced, have a proper MLA heading and adhere to 1inch margins. See formatting video and Sample MLA paper in the Multimedia tab on Blackboard. Your Research Paper must have a Works Cited page in order to receive a passing grade.
1. Choose the topic for your Research Paper.
2. Create a Research Question. See the video Developing Research Questions in Multimedia.
3. Generate 12 questions about your topic.
4. Begin your search. Go to www.mec.cuny.edu and click on Library. Under Find Articles, select Search All. There you will see resources such as: Academic One File, JSTOR, and EBSCO. Click on one of these and type in your topic. You will find articles and other sources that you can use in your Research Paper.
5. Write your thesis statement. Your thesis statement answers your research question.
6. Create a title for your Research Paper. You can refine this title as you go.
7. See the Writing Lab document in Course Information for instructions on how to write your Works Cited page.
Class and Section:
Research Process Summary
Twelve questions about my topic:
Title of reading from Fifty Essays:
Note: Recommended readings from Fifty Essays are: “Aria” by Richard Rodriguez, “Mother Tongue” by Amy Tan, “The Achievement of Desire” by Richard Rodriguez, and “I Just Want To Be Average” by Mike Rose. You can use any other reading that you choose from the anthology. However, there must be a clear connection between the reading and your topic. You will introduce the reading into your research paper in the fourth or fifth paragraph of your reading. Do more than summarize the reading. Draw connections to your topic. You will write two paragraphs about the reading and you will use two quotations. Be sure to cite the quotations properly.
Originally posted 2016-03-15 13:27:28. Republished by Blog Post Promoter