Why has reforming the International Financial Institutions been proposed in recent years and what are the primary obstacles to proposed reforms? Refer to one of following institutions: the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund and/or the World Bank
Why has reforming the International Financial Institutions been proposed in
recent years and what are the primary obstacles to proposed reforms? Refer to one
of following institutions: the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary
Fund and/or the World Bank
What the Assessor will be looking for when marking this assignment:
1. Relevance to the question: Ensure your argument addresses the question
clearly and directly. Ensure that the concepts and examples you use are
focused on the question that you are addressing and the argument you are
2. Comprehension of Unit Material: ensure that your use of facts is accurate
and relevant concepts and theories are examined. Ensure you demonstrate
an understanding of the weekly required readings of the unit as a whole.
3. Critical analysis: Ensure you develop and sustain a coherent argument that is
critical (examines obvious counterarguments to your argument) and is
supported by providing reasons and evidence to support this position.
4. Evidence: Ensure relevant examples are used. This will require demonstrating
careful analysis of other people’s arguments and being critical of the
evidence at hand (this may require questioning the assumptions of the
material you have read).
5. Research: ensure that you use a significant amount of research (especially for
larger –research essays). You should not be overly dependent on web sources
– you should ensure that the number of web sources does not exceed your
journal articles and books.
6. Clear essay structure: it should possess an introduction that sets out how
you are going to answer the question, an essay body that considers evidence
and research and then links these to your point of view, and a conclusion that
reinforces your position in relation to the question.
7. Expression: Writing and grammar should be clear and consistent. Essay
structure should consist of paragraphs of 200 words or so which contains one
core idea – avoid using dot points or ‘mini-paragraphs’.
8. Referencing: One style of referencing should be used throughout when other
people’s ideas are being used. A well-presented bibliography of used sources
must be included.